Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The foundation saga....continued..and ended?

When we last left off, I was turning black girls white with foundation. Right.

So day 2 rolls around, and I start work on yet another light skinned girl (different one though) and again start mixing some colors to start her foundation. Of course this time I was foundation shy. Basically I effed up so bad the last time, I overcompensated for that this time and mixed colors at least 2 shades darker than her skin.

I swear I'm not usually this bad...at anything. I'm not joking it looked like she had black face on. I got called out again, but this time the teacher used her face as a lesson of what you should never do. (I wish this blog provided me with emoticons...I'd have the ill side eyed scrunch face).

She says, if you can't get a perfect match, the safest bet is to go a shade lighter, because you can always make a face darker with powder. But if you go too dark, you can never bring the shade back down.

Basically, don't do what I did. Great.

Day 3 brought much better results however.

One of my best friends..and long time Forshadow follower, Kali, volunteered her face to be my model for the evening. Again another light bright was in my makeup chair. Let her tell it, I did a good job. However, good is not good enough for me and b) I felt like again the color was too dark for her, it didn't match her neck. Plus my instructor told me to wash it off and start again. That's never a good sign.

But here's what the end result was (disclaimer: its alot of flash).This picture is courtesy of Kali's mobile upload via her Facebook page. Them eyebrows is fieeerrrrce though. *patting myself on the back*

Anyway, after Kali left, I finally discovered what my foundation issue was. I can't do light skinned people. LOL. Yes I'm being predjudiced. I guess I'm so used to adorning my chocolatey skin, this light bright palette is all too much for me. And white people! Oh white people. I love ya'll but what am I going to do with your pastey faces??? I need to just invite like 5 white people to my place and get at it.

But I digress. I know its the light skin that's the problem, because after Kali left, I finally did one of my darker skinned classmates. I knocked her face out the park, with minimal effort. Even my instructor was like her face is EXCELLENT. Here's a pic...

I also did her lips and eyebrows. I'm can't take credit for the eyelashes, them gaudy things were all her. So ends the foundation saga. However, if you know any white people, or are white people (Lauren...I'm looking at you..lol) please volunteer to come down to the class. We would love to have you!

1 comment:

  1. I look like the ghostwhiperer. Darn t-mobile flash. You did a good job man!

    ReplyDelete