Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Duo glue disaster and fake me outs

Last week along with brows, we learned how to apply strip lashes. I wasn't anticipating being any good at putting on lashes. I, myself, don't wear them at all, and I think I've put them on someone else...maybe once...and not very well.

Our instructor demonstrated the process on a student in the class (sidebar: the chicks in my class are pressed to be the demonstration model for the teacher...I NEVER volunteer for demonstrations...how can you see what the teacher is doing, if she's doing it to you? bleh end sidebar), then we paired up and got to work.

I pulled out a pair of lashes... measured them to my partner's eye... cut to fit...applied the glue....waved them around to ensure tackiness...and dunh dunh dunh...placed it on her eye!

Success!!!!

Uh...not quite. The left lash wasn't tacky enough and started to slide down her eye onto her cheek. To avoid that happening again, I overglued the right lash and ended up gluing the lash, the corner of her eye and the top of her cheek together...lol. Poor girl couldn't even open her right eye. Don't ask.

When I finally got them both on and she was able to actually open her eyes, I didn't get them close enough to the lash line. Sigh.

I however, was not to be discouraged. I ripped them lashes off and kept practicing. That night I had applied lashes 7 times on 3 different people. But by the end of the night...by golly I think she's got it!

Victory can't only be mine however. I also had to be practiced on...and believe me when I say I wasn't looking forward to that at all.

I don't wear false eyelashes. Ever. And it isn't because I was riding the short car on the lash train. I have unnaturally long eyelashes. Seriously, it's freaky. They're crazy long and thick, so I never had a need to glue on what's already there. Furthermore, I'm afraid that gluing stuff to my eyelashes will pull them out and cause extreme baldness all up and through the eye area.

But the other night turn about was fair play, and my partner got a chance to practice on me. So she follows all the steps and glues the eyelashes on my lash line and tah dah! First try, on the mark!

"Good for you," our instructor says.

My partner, cheesing to herself, goes on to say, "Yeah, I didn't think I could get them this spot on, on my first try! Especially since I had to apply the lashes over the set she already has glued on."

Hold the phone.

I say, "Wait whaaa?" This chick thinks my real eyelashes are fake ones already glued to my eye. After the instructor and I explain to her that the "fake me outs" are indeed "grow me outs" a good chuckle was had by all.

Below is a photo of me and the lash job my partner did. She only did the corners, and she used super long "show" lashes..so you can see how long my eyelashes are in comparison.

Oh and when I went to remove the lashes that night, I ripped out at least 2 of my own eyelashes, so little Miss I did it right on the first try, wasn't really all that.

LOL. I swear that's not hate. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment