Friday, September 4, 2009

Facials and Train Cases

Three months ago, I got laid off from my job. I was kind of upset, until I realized what I was doing was not what I should be doing. So, a couple of thousand of dollars later, I'm enrolled in beauty school, getting my makeup artists license.

I thought it would be interesting and fun to chronicle my
days as I hopefully become a highly paid/celebrity makeup artist. I will eventually turn this into a blog, but right now its on facebook. Please follow along, and you can say you knew me when...

So yesterday was the first day of class. Myself and my 5 other classmates didn't do much. We got to know each other, talked about the syllabus and what we would be learning, and what our goals were in the future of make-up. I have high aspirations. And not to sound cocky...but I'm good. I'm really good, and I feel like I can achieve celeb status. I want to do Patti LaBelle's makeup. Not just a celeb's makeup, but Patti specifically. I feel like my success will be measured by achieving that goal... lol. Trust no one will be able to tell me shit, if I get to beat Ms. Patti's face. I also want to be her best friend, and adopted surrogate child...but more on that later.

Let's fast forward to tonight. Tonight we got our makeup kits. So. EmEffin. Awesome. Think of something you love more than anything. Be it tennis shoes, candy, money...hell monkeys...and someone hands you a huge metal train case, you undo the latches...and BAM its full to the brim with the object of your obsession. I fell in love and got married tonight. To my makeup case full of makeup. We're registered at MAC.

Anywho, tonight we did full facials and skin care. I got demonstrated on by our instructor...I fell asleep in the chair. She is good. Tomorrow I get to practice on someone else. I've been told I have magic fingers, so I suspect I'll do lovely.
At the end are pictures of everything
in my case, once i carefully dissected it. Enjoy! Keke Lang <3>

Total Mac Whore









Lip liners, eyeshadow palettes, eye liners, two tweezers (1 purple 1 pink...do they know me or what), lipsticks, powder, mascara, pigments and gloss.








Brushes out the ass. I went from applying makeup with my fingers to having too many brushes to count.










More eyeshadows, and 6 pencil sharperners...why so many?









Eyelash curlers, 3 sets of eyelashes, more lipstick











And the rest..lol (Hmm, there's a color wheel in there ((very cool)), oooh I have 2 heavy duty foundations for acne scars, concealer, a drape for clients, sponges, liquid foundation, powders, lipstick brushes, mascara brushes..etc.)



1 comment:

  1. Man..you are armed and READY! i can only hope my own personal train case is that loaded! Good luck with your endeavors

    ReplyDelete