Thursday, October 8, 2009

Field Trips and Finals

Well friends it's that time. Tomorrow is my final face and my photo shoot. Time flew by so quickly. But I definitely feel like I learned ALOT. My eyebrow work is fierce, my foundation matching has grown leaps and bounds, and just overall the cleanness of my work is evident. I'm happy with my progress.

Last night my little sister came to class, as she's my model for my final. I worked on the look I'm planning for the final. Basically its a smoky eye in MAC's purple pigment, black shadow, and MAC's Swimming shimmer eyeshadow. Foundation was flawless (and that's a direct quote from my instructor), lips were very neutral but glossy, and the eyelashes had a royal blue mascara on the tips. I did that look quickly and effortlessly last night, so I'm hoping it won't be too much trouble to recreate it for Friday. It should only get better right?
Here's a pic:
In fact it looked so good, that a girl who came to the class to be a model for another classmate, came up to me and asked can she pay me to do her make up for Howard's Homecoming...lol. Girl YES...you can pay me to do your makeup for any event!!!! Cash ONLY!

That goes for any and everyone. I'll be officially certified tomorrow! Therefore I'm available to do weddings, large and small scale events! Contact me for rates.

Today we took a field trip, to this little hole in the wall gem of a store called Kinetics. It's mostly a theatrical makeup store, but they have all sorts of makeup for your everyday makeup artist. It was great!

They opened the store for us after closing hours, and we got a 15% discount off of everything we bought. I of course have no job or money so I bought a few necessities for the final tomorrow and upcoming classes...including Liquid Set, its a medium that turns any shadow or pigment into a liquid color and this special face paste, used to glue all types of objects to the skin (safely) for fantasy looks. It's actually really cheap in there. Everyone in my class is a baller except for me and everyone had totals in the $500 range. They are fully stocked, now they just have to know how to use it.

So everyone wish me luck tomorrow. Our instructor has promised us, that she will refuse to answer any and all questions tomorrow...and we are on our own. That makes me nervous. I know I don't need to ask her anything, as the knowledge is all stored in my brain, but its nice to have that safety net. Well Friday it's being snatched from under us. I'll deal....some of my classmates (some of you know who I'm referring to) are going to struggle...but we'll just throw a prayer up for them.

Basically this is how it will work: As soon as we get to class, we can get started on working on our model. We have a full 3 hours to do our final face. However, once we're "done," our instructor, Mr. Bennett (the owner of the school), and whoever else, will inspect our work. If they like it, we pass and move to certification land...and our professional photo shoot. If they don't, they'll send us back to the work room to fix it and make it better. They may not send you back at all, or they may send you back several times, but you have to have a passing face before the 3 hours are up. It would be in everyone's best interest, not to dawdle.

Again, I'm nervous, but excited. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this blog (always do) but this one really stood out for me. You're here Ke, and I'm so proud of you. Best of luck today, not that you need it. Go in with confidence and work you majic as if its any other day.

    <3 you!! - JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey LS, dont be nervous. you've practiced and worked hard. pray before the final and have faith. you'll be fine! i'll pray for you too! i wont say goodluck because luck is not concrete, instead i wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kenan... good luck...but as Jojo said..you clearly don't need it. I can't believe time flew so fast. You are about to step into another realm with this certification. Have confidence in your gift and faith that God will not have them send you back for anything. Many kudos BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very proud of you and I know that your flawless gift will send you through with flying colors. Thank you for the opportunity to have been a part of this magnificent journey! Go KeKe Lang!

    ReplyDelete